We suspect, if the conservative Saenari Party controls the National Assembly and the Presidency, after the upcoming elections, the previously promised tax reduction measures will be re-passed by the Korean National Assembly within the next couple of years.
Korea has decided to main the Tax Credit for Investment in Facilities and Industrial Equipment. The credit equals between 3% to 4% of the amount of the investment in industrial equipment and facilities. An additional 2% to 3% credit is available based on the number of new jobs created by the investment.
Additionally, Korea expanded the industries available for investment in free trade zones (only available for foreign capital-investment companies) and the scope of activities available for research and development credits.
Recent posts on Korean Tax Law:
- Korea Tax Tribunal on the Adjustment of Value of Imported Goods and Transfer Pricing
- Tax Qualified Mergers in Korea
- Korean Individual Income Tax Rates: Incomes Taxes Rates on the Rise in Korea
- Korean Corporate Tax Rates: Corporate Taxes to Rise in Korea
- Korea Islamic Bond Tax Bill is Doomed because of Fundamentalist Christians
- Tax Exempt Foreign-Denominated Bonds in Korea Coming to an End for Holders with Offices in Korea
IPG is engaged in projects for companies and entrepreneurs doing business in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Korea, Laos,the Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam and the U.S.