The revision is meant to protect older workers. Many companies impose retirement ages of 55 and many even impose lower retirement ages.
The revision will still need to make its way through two committees and, also, reach a vote on the National Assembly floor.
Other articles that may be of interest:
- Terminate/Layoff of Employees in Korea
- Korean Independent Contractor Risks under Korea LSA
- The Ten Commandments of Labor Relations in Asia
- Korean Labor Relations by Tom Coyner
- There Goes the Neighborhood: Samsung "Union" Allowed to Protest in Front Of Samsung
IPG is engaged in projects for companies and entrepreneurs doing business in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and the U.S.