I received a call from a friend asking about information concerning collecting on a large debt. He loaned money to a “friend” and the friend never made a payment on the loan. Word to the wise, don't make large loans to friends----cry poverty instead.
In Korea, after a judgment or order to pay by a court, a plaintiff can collect on an unpaid debt through garnishing of wages. Garnishing of wages is normally the best way to guarantee the collection of debt when a debtor doesn’t have real or personal property. Most law firms can perform the service for a modest fee.
- Less than W1.2mil (No wages can be garnished)
- W1.2mil - W2.4mil (Monthly Wage – W1.2mil)
- W2.4mil –W6mil (1/2 Monthly Wage)
- Over W6mil (Half monthly Wage minus W3mil divided by two plus W3million minus monthly wage)
1. W2,000,000 Monthly Pay (Can garnish monthly W800,000)
2. W3,000,000 Monthly (Can garnish monthly W1,500,000)
3. W5,000,000 Monthly Pay (Can garnish W2,500,000)
4. W6,000,000 Monthly Pay(Can garnish W3,000,000)
5. W12,000,000 Monthly Pay (Can garnish W7.500,000)
6. W20,000,000 Monthly Pay (Can garnish W13,500,000)
IPG is engaged in projects for companies and entrepreneurs doing business in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and the U.S.