Here are some of the more interesting ones from a CNN article:
- Photography: "When taking photos in tourist spots, do not fight and be patient. Do not force the others to take a picture with you, nor obstruct the others when they are photographing. If you would like the others' to take a picture for you, say thank you."
- Toilet use: "Do not occupy the public toilet for a very long time. Do not leave footprints on the toilet seats and flush after use."
- Queue jumping: "Respect order in public. Jumping the line is not acceptable anywhere."
- On tipping: "Service industries in a lot of countries honor tipping. If you think the service is good, please tip accordingly." At the buffet table: "When you're at a buffet dinner, only take what you can consume. Do not waste food."
- Taking in a show: "Respect the performers. Clap after the show to show your gratitude to the performers. During curtain call, join the crowd for a standing ovation. If a performer slips up on stage, be understanding but do not cheer, whistle and jeer."
You can read the original article by CNN here:China's First Tourism Law Comes into Effect, Tourists Issued Manners Guides
You can also check out some other relevant articles by IPG Legal here:
- Taxes on US Citizens Residing Abroad
- Increasing Protests in Shenzhen, China: What is their Exit Strategy?
IPG is engaged in projects for companies and entrepreneurs doing business in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and the U.S.